Friday 7 March 2014

FOTD - Friday's Face

Hello my Dears!

I hardly ever (as in "I've done it once I think.") FOTD posts but as I really enjoy reading other people's to check out how they put a look together and get inspiration on colour combos and products to try out, I've decided to try and do one of these every Friday from now on.

I moisturised my skin with Simply Kind to Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturiser and popped some Garnier SkinNaturals UltraLift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Eye Cream on my eye area (don't you love a nice, short-and-to-the-point product name...).

And now on to my Make Up!

L'Oreal foundation eau de teint bourjois make up healthy balance powder physicians formula powder minerlize powder bronzer SPF shimmer strips nude eyeshadow wet n wild fergie highlighter max factor mascara 2000 calorie maybelline lipgloss lipstick lipcream elixir

As it is pretty spring-like around here (here being the North East close to the Scottish border) I felt like creating a natural face with lightly bronzed skin, a peachy blush and some shiny lips.

L'Oreal foundation eau de teint bourjois make up healthy balance powder physicians formula powder minerlize powder bronzer SPF shimmer strips nude eyeshadow wet n wild fergie highlighter max factor mascara 2000 calorie maybelline lipgloss lipstick lipcream elixir

I applied one layer of my L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau de Teint Foundation in 110 "Warm Ivory" (1.) with my fingertips starting from the centre of my face and blending it out towards the edges of my face.  I then popped a very thin second layer on my cheek area and my chin.

I love the finish this foundation gives - glowy but natural and once it has set on to the skin I can't even feel that it's there.

(I need to be very careful though when getting it out the bottle as it is very liquid and has a certain mess potential).

I set my foundation with a light layer of my  Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder in 52 "Vanilla" (2.) and then lightly contoured my face with my new Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Airbrushing Bronzer (3.).  This bronzer works great for my somewhat pale skin and looks extremely natural.

I popped some peach baked blusher by Milani in the shade 05 "Luminoso" (4.) and placed it just on my cheek bones blending it carefully.  I topped this already luminous blush off with just the lightest touch of the "To Reflect Shimmer Palette" (5.) from Wet n Wild's Fergie Collection - this highlighter creates the most gorgeous, subtle champagne-coloured highlight.

L'Oreal foundation eau de teint bourjois make up healthy balance powder physicians formula powder minerlize powder bronzer SPF shimmer strips nude eyeshadow wet n wild fergie highlighter max factor mascara 2000 calorie maybelline lipgloss lipstick lipcream elixir

Moving on to my eyes I applied a light, golden champagne shade on my lids (1.) and blended a light, bronze colour (2.) through my crease to give some natural defintion to my eye area. I just love my new Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Nude!

I finished my eye look off by applying a double coat of my Max Factor Wild Mega Volume Mascara in "Black" to my top lashes only.

L'Oreal foundation eau de teint bourjois make up healthy balance powder physicians formula powder minerlize powder bronzer SPF shimmer strips nude eyeshadow wet n wild fergie highlighter max factor mascara 2000 calorie maybelline lipgloss lipstick lipcream elixir

I finished my "Friday's Face" off with a slick of Maybelline's  super glossy Color Elixir Liquid Color Balm in 025 "Mauve Mystique".


Thanks so much for reading this post and have a great weekend!

What's on your face today?


It would be great if you subscribed to ensure that you are always the first to read my new posts!



See you soon!




Mountainbeauty2013




*All views expressed in this blog post are my own*










No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test