Monday 2 September 2013

Astor Cosmetics Haul (from DM) - Swatches & First Impressions

And these are the spoils of my Astor Cosmetics Haul at www.dm.de!







24h Perfect Stay Waterproof Vibrant Mono Eye-Shadows






The 24h Perfect Stay Waterproof Vibrant Mono Eye-shadows  are available in 11 colours.  As this was my first foray into trying this product I chose two to begin with - luckily, Astor Cosmetics provides testers on its displays so that you get a very good idea of the colour and its consistency prior to committing to buying. 

They are retailing for 6.95.

These are the products strengths according to their website:

"A sensational bouncy texture infused with high concentrations of pigments to make eyes pop. 
Easy to apply textures offers an high color intensity for 24H that will resists water, humidity and heat.
  • 24 Hour Wear of intense and luminous color
  • Waterproof Formula
  • Stays lightweight and comfortable all day
  • Intense color in only one stroke
  • Metallic finish and dramatic look
  • Multi chromatic and multi tonal look"



From left to right I got the following colours:  300 Divine Khaki and 100 Gold Fever

And this is how they swatch:







First Impression of the 24h Perfect Stay Waterproof Vibrant Mono Eye-Shadows:
I really loved my two new eyeshadows!

And here is why:



  • Both colours are absolutely amazing - "Divine Khaki" a vibrant green shade with a lot of depth and "Gold Fever" a glowy golden shade (now that's a surprise) with hints of bronze depending on lighting - so they are definitely multi-tonal in my opinion;
  • the colours swatched very well showing off how pigmented they are - a little goes a long way;

  • they were easy to apply - I used both my fingertips and/or sponge applicator to pat the colour on and then blend it out;
  • I had no problem layering the colour to intensify the colour result, i.e. for a more dramatic evening look;
  • and lastly, the shadows set quickly and when lasted extremely well on my lids (easily throughout the day at 32C+ temperatures) without fading (I did not use a primer as I wanted to see how the shadows performed "unassisted").

Due to their consistency (they feel a bit like a cross between a gel shadow and pigments) I think it'll be vital to make sure to always close them tightly and not to loose the additional little lit they come with to keep them from drying out!


I believe that they perform beautifully and I'm looking forward to making them a fixture in my autumnal eye looks!


Heidi Color Last VIP Lipstick Collection



On my recent visit to Germany when leisurely perusing the Astor Cosmetics display I spotted the Heidi logo on the Color Last VIP Lipsticks.  Now being a fan of the Kate Moss for Rimmel collection, it was of course a no-brainer that I had to pick a couple of these up to see how they performed! 

They are retailing for €4.99.

These are their benefits according to the Astor's website:
  • "Lasts up to 8 hours
  • Leaves lips feeling soft and supple
  • Provides full coverage
  • Provides high-intensity color
  • Does not dry out lips
  • Does not feather/bleed into fine lines
  • Easy to apply and remove"


From left to right I got the following colours:  001 Baby, 002 Sweety and 009 Crazy

And this is how they swatch:




First Impression of the Heidi Color Last VIP Lipstick Collection:
I was really, really impressed with these lipsticks (and being someone who has virtually exclusively only used lipglosses/lipshines/lipbalms for nearly a decade and is currently going through a phase of rediscovering lipsticks, this is really saying something)!

And here is why:



  • The three shades I have chosen (001 Baby, 002 Sweety and 009 Crazy) are all neutral colours ranging from light to more intense which is great as I love natural looking lips;
  • the shades will transition well into autumn;
  • the pigmentation is very intense and the lipstick is opaque: and the colour you see in the tube, is the colour you will see on your lips! 
  • I was able to achieve the above-mentioned true-to-colour result with all shades by applying one coat of lipstick;
  • the lipstick can be layered;
  • the texture is creamy and glides on giving a cream sheen finish rather than being totally matte;
  • and the lipsticks lasted really well on my lips for 5+ with only slight fading and the sheen wearing off - which for me is a fantastic result as I'm not one of those people who are good at being careful when wearing lipstick or keen on constantly having to reapply!

As it is a long-lasting formula, I would recommend using a light lip balm underneath to keep your lips supple (I used the yellow Maybelline Babylips balm (transparent) which combines a nice moisture hit with an SPF of 20).

And now just for some light entertainment Ms Heidi Klum modelling the range!







Overall Verdict


I'm so pleased that I picked the  24h Perfect Stay Waterproof Vibrant Eye-Shadows and the lipsticks from the Heidi Color Last VIP Collection up as they turned out to be such great products delivering fantastic quality at a great price!

This has been my first purchase from Astor Cosmetics in a very long time but it will most certainly not be the last.

I have earmarked the lipsticks 003 Cheeky and 006 Sexy as well as the eyeshadow monos 120 Eternal Bronze and 400 Burning Copper to pick up for my next trip to German when I'm next in Germany.



Do you enjoy the Heidi Color Last VIP Collection and the 24h Perfect Stay Waterproof Vibrant Eye-Shadows?
If so which ones are your favourites?

Thanks so much for reading this post.

It would be great if you subscribed to ensure that you are always the first to read my new posts!

See you soon!

Mountainbeauty2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test